Wednesday 4 August 2010

August Update

Just a quick update with what's going on in my teaching / exhibiting life.
My next workshop is 11th August for my quilting/embroidery group - this will be a hand applique workshop.
My weekly patchwork and quilting classes look to be on course for starting again in September. Current details are that they will start on Sep 14th at the Pollyfox Centre Dodworth Barnsley, there are a few places available.

This is also the time of year that I will be exhibiting at two national quilt shows, the Festival of Quilts at the NEC Birmingham and the Harrogate Quilt Show.
I have sent in my entries for the FOQ already and I have included photos of them here so that you can look out for them if you are going. The FOQ is the largest and arguably the most important quilt show in the UK so I feel that I would like to have my work exhibited there.

This quilt will be in the miniature category - you may recognise it as one of my City & Guilds pieces. It isn't really a true miniature quilt and I am not expecting favourable judges comments but I think it is a fun quilt and I hope that visitors will enjoy looking at it.


My sewing machine cover is entered into the Quilt Creations category which is for 3D items. I made this for City & Guilds last year and look forward to seeing it on display at the show.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Janet - saw your pieces in FOQ - only recognised the ''Freedom'' piece. Which day did you go? I went Saturday and Sunday. Hope you had fun... which day are you going to Harrogate GNQS?

    ReplyDelete